Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Envy hinges

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15z-j100
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

I've had my HP Envy for almost 3 years now, and while I love it, I've had one hinge problem after another. A year ago, the left hinge grew loose on my laptop, to the point that opening it would cause loud cracking noises. Quickly afterwards the bottom part of the laptop started to separate and it became impossible to open the laptop up. I sent my laptop in for repairs and everything seemed to work well ... but now the right hinge is becoming loose and my laptop doesn't close completely when I shut it. 

I've read that hinge problems seem to be a common defect for HP Envy owners, and I don't want to pay for more repairs if the same thing is going to happen again and again. Does support have any solutions? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
4,641 3,064 52 154
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation