Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp-envy-m7-u100-notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having issues with my battery icon not charging. I have an internal battery so a lot of the posts I have seen that says to remove the device manager battery items can't be done.

What I have done:

1. Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager and restarted the computer

2. I have updated the BIOS

3. I have updated the Chipset

4. I have unplugged the power down to 15 %, turned off the computer and let it sit for 30 minutes and a second time for an hour and then plugged it back in.

5. I have used the HP battery tester through the hardware tester and it tested 'good'.

6. I've tried other outlets at known good power sources with no change.

But still, after multiple restarts, for the most part, it is still not showing any movement on the charge for the battery.

Every once in a while I will notice it gone up 2%, but then it doesn't work again until I go through the entire process from the top.

Suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Have you run a diagnostic on the battery using HP Support Assistant or the preboot UEFI environment test?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=UNEh5YmcDaQ

HP Recommended

Tried all of this and laptop fails to boot now!  Any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.