Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy m6 1105dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I plan on installing an optical drive caddy for a SSD. The HDD is SATA2, but I didn't find anything in the manual as to if the optical drive is SATA2 as well. Which SATA is this? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You want to put the SSD inside the laptop and the HDD in the optical caddy. The interface for the optical drive is slower, likely even SATA I.  The Service Manual does not tell us the speed of the optical drive, however.

Manual 

A disk in the optical caddy will likely not be bootable

HP Recommended

Understood. Just another hypothetical question to a hypothetical answer, do optical drives for m6's tend to match the SATA controller and port of the HDD? There is absolutely no information on this to what I've researched and perhaps it is a simple answer. 

HP Recommended

Not sure who else would have this information about the specs of my factory optical drive or who to ask other than HP. Still unsolved...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.