Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY NOTEBOOK M7-N109DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

How do I get another RJ-45 port jack?  My jack is working but the ethernet plug doesn't stay in all the way.  I have to tape it in all the way to get the light to come on.  The connection is fine once I do that.  But for some reason the port seems to not accept any ethernet cord.  

How can I get a replacement port jack?  I can install myself, but I don't know where to get one - or the part/item number to ask for?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@gmjhunter 

As far as I know, HP does not sell individual parts that come mounted on their motherboards.

They sell separate components like fans, mounting brackets, cables, etc.

You can use this link to check for parts, but I doubt you'll find what you need:  HP PartSurfer

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Yeah that's what I thought.  I finally found the "DC jack" for the AC Adapter, and replaced it last night.  And I need a new AC Adapter.  So I've found those parts online.  But I'm having trouble finding that RJ-45 Ethernet jack.  I'm on the phone with support now and even they can't seem to find that part number :-).  Let me know if you can locate the RJ-45 part number.

HP Recommended

@gmjhunter 

I have no access to HP parts -- so there is nothing I can do about finding a part number that you have not already done.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks, not a problem.  Instead of dealing internally with that jack, I've ordered a RJClip to see if it will hold in place 🙂  Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.