Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy x 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought HP Envy x 360 touchscreen (17'') for my daughter going to college three years back and last month screen start cracking from right bottom and it got worse by cracking more towards right upper side . Small chip pieces start falling every time you move the screen. So it becomes unusable.  I removed the screen today. But could not find replacement part anywhere. 

Where can I buy exact (or compatible ) 17'' screen for the laptop?

Thanks,

--Pawan

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I used the Model # you provided, 15m-cn0012dx, but HP does not list a service manual for that model. All other documentation is available. But what is needed is a parts list to find the Part # you need.

I'm going to take your post to ask the community members here a question about the screen/hinge/cover issues we've been seeing. The posts I see about bad hinges, for the most part what I see when they post a pic of the broken screen hinge lid is not the hinge, it's the back cover of the lcd that breaks off from the hinge, Once broken, the screen starts flexing and cracks. 

So am I correct for the most part it all starts with the back cover breaking off where the hinge is  screwed onto it?

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

Hi,

I looked more closely and noticed that hinge from right side got detached (broken)  from back support and caused LCD to crack. When I looked the part details on line and on HP support site, the part itself  is very expensive (almost half of the laptop price)  . It is very disappointing that you buy a expensive laptop on freshmen year of college and it does not even last for four years of college. It broke in three years during the middle of the semester and these days you cannot do anything in college without laptop. I shipped her my laptop overnight and trying to get it fixed. I could not get a hold of HP support member phone number (only the virtual agent).  I bought many HP laptops in last 10 years and never had issue. Looks like it is time to consider  other companies for laptop.

Thanks,

--Bhau

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.