Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 6 (4,436 Views)

HP Envy x2 15 Bluetooth Keyboard not working

Product Name: HP Envy x2 15-c001
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm experiencing some issues with the detachable keyboard for my HP Envy x2 15. The keyboard connects to the tablet, through Bluetooth connection, but then disconnects almost IMMEDIATELY - I am unable to use the keyboard. Sometimes the keyboard functions when detached from the tablet but only for a few minutes before it disables itself again.

My device is under warranty and protected with an HP Care Pack.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 6 (4,400 Views)

Re: HP Envy x2 15 Bluetooth Keyboard not working

@Jas_K,

Hello and thanks for posting on the HP support forums.  Here is a link that may be of some help to you.

It is a link from the forums working with bluetooth issues and Windows 8.

bluetooth not working in windows 8

Here is a link to a support article on bluetooth as well.

HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 8)

Check the links out and try what they offer.  I do believe though in your case because it is making connection and only holding it for a few moments that means the bluetooth communications system in either the main body or the keyboard is in need or repair or replacement.

Try hooking up a bluetooth head set and see if it keeps connected if it does then the keyboards bluetooth module is gone.  If the bluetooth headset or other bluetooth device does not keep connected to the main body then its bluetooth chip is the issue.  Either way you need to send it in.

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Let me know how things go.

Thank you again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Message 3 of 6 (2,388 Views)

Reviewing the message board, it is clear that many users of this machine have experienced the same hadware failure time and time again.

For us, the machine itself is fantastic but the second keyboard that HP provided has stopped working as well.  Trouble now is that HP only provides a 90 day warranty on the second keyboard and is asking $160 to purchase a 3rd  replacement.

Since HP is unwilling to acknowledge the recurrant nature of the issue, there is no assurance that the design issue has been resolved thus expending the $160 offers no gurantee that issue will not continue. On top of that,  HP customer support has proven less than supportive and has failed to complete follow up commitments leaving this customer less than satisifed.

Really enjoy all 4 of our HP computers in the house but very dissappointed in HP's acknowledgement and action to rectify this design issue.

Retired
Message 4 of 6 (2,357 Views)

Hi

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Thanks.

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Student
Message 5 of 6 (1,765 Views)

I have exactly the same problem. The keyboard stopped working suddenly. I tried to uninstall and reinstall driver many times and I reset windows but it didn't make any changes. I need help especially my warranty just expired couple weeks ago
Student
Message 6 of 6 (1,596 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, i have HP ENVY x2 Detachable PC 13 with product number K2P57PA#ABG with serial number [Personal Information Removed] . Few days ago. the keyboard is not working. I dont know what to do. Please anyone who can assist me please 

Mobile number: [Personal Information Removed]

Mail: [Personal Information Removed]

phyiscal address:

raymond

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation