04-05-2020 08:40 PM
My camera works for a while, then goes off-line when using Teams ... if I fire up the camera app, I get an intermittent blank screen with the message "we can't find your camera" 0xA00F4244, but then seconds later the camera is working again.
I've updated the BIOS, I'm on the latest version of windows, and the device driver is up to date. Nothing seems to get this working correctly. Help!
04-10-2020 12:25 PM - edited 04-10-2020 12:26 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Are you sure your computer has a camera? Many models of HP computers did not come with webcams.
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
When Windows doesn’t see devices like cameras, sometimes it just needs to be forced to look again. Try a power reset.
Once detected, you should see the camera in the Device Manager. Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager. Expand the Cameras section to see your camera.
- TIP: You can disable the webcam here in the Device Manager by right-clicking on the camera and select Disable Device. Don’t forget to enable it later if needed.
If the issue persists then Install the driver:
Sometimes Windows needs the latest camera driver for the camera to function well. While in the Device Manager, right-click on your camera and select Update Driver. Then click Search Automatically for updated driver software. The latest driver is always available via Windows Update.
More webcam resources:
You can find more webcam troubleshooting support here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03430151. Or look through some of our community answers:
- Solved: Laptop can't find camera nor does it show in device manager error message 0xA00F4244 answered by Expert “EddyK”
- HP ENVY Camera not attached answered by Expert “EddyK”
- HP Webcam (Code 45) answered by Support Agent “Praveen196”
- Camera not working answered by Support Agent “Asmita6658”
- Camera answered by Support Agent “Echo_Lake”
- camera not working answered by Support Agent “Betty0610”
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution
I am an HP Employee