Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15t-cn100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have the HP Envy x360 15t-cn100 and am using it in conjunction with a PLUGABLE USB-C MINI DOCKING STATION WITH 85W POWER DELIVERY (UD-CAM).

When connecting the USB-C cable from the docking station to the HP Envy, all peripherals (wireless mouse, audio, HDMI) work as expected. However, my laptop is not charging from the docking station.

Based on my computer's specifications, I have 1 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DisplayPort™ 1.2, HP Sleep and Charge);  so my laptop should be able to support charging via the USB-C port.

I have tested the docking station on a different laptop (Dell Latitude 7480) and it is able to charge. I have contacted the docking station manufacturer for support, but seeing as it works just fine on another laptop, I don't believe it is an issue with their hardware.

Can anyone offer any guidance? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@AlexV2 

Is it COMPATIBLE with your HP Envy machine ? Where is the specs of your machine ? I

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

As far as compatibility, all functionally of the docking station works with my HP Envy, with the exception of the charging. I’m not sure if this satisfies compatibility or not, but some of it works as intended. I am waiting confirmation from the manufacturer.

Here are the Ports specifications of my Envy:

PORTS
1 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DisplayPort™ 1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 HP Sleep and Charge); 1 HDMI 2.0; 1 headphone/microphone combo
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.