Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-bp194cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had my labtop for about 2 years now and for the last 6 months have been noticing that the battery will not charge to 100%, initially it would charge to 80% and now it stops at 76%. Also, if the battery is unplugged, it drains quickly and even when the computer is off (not in sleep mode).  I've seen the forum has a bunch of similar issues, but I'm not exactly sure how to proceed. I do not have a removable battery so I can't follow HPs recommendation for testing the battery. I have checked to see if there are any bios I'm missing and there's nothing that's relevant, but I did anyway with no help. I am even prepared to swap out for a new battery, but the HP store is not helpful in finding the correct part to order. So I either need more recommendations on how to troubleshoot or I need to know what battery (HP or other) I need to buy for the this computer. 

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Also, I just ran a battery check and this failure happened. Now what?

20220625_153819.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello @Scraw4d 

I want to help 😊

Buy this one:

Spare part numberDescription
L43267-0054-cell, 55-Wh, 3.6-Ah, Li-Ion battery 

or compatible one ..

Compatible HP Part Numbers ( all will fit )
  • L43267-005
  • SA04XL
  • HSTNN-0B1G
  • L43248-541
  • L43248-AC2
  • SA04055XL
  • SA04055XL-PL
  • HSTNN-OB1F
  • HSTNN-0B1F

Where to buy ?

Search and find the battery with the HP part number online ( alibaba, aliexpress, ebay or amazon, ... )

You can replace the battery by following the 

Maintenance and Service Guide

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06267280.pdf

Page 26 Chapter 5 Removal and replacement procedures

ub6424_0-1656198747024.png

ub6424_1-1656198877813.png

HP Product Page of your notebook:

HP ENVY x360 - 15-bp194cl

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-15-bp100-x360-convertible-pc/16851044/model/22399667/pr...

Please tell me the full product name and product number (p/n) of your notebook. You will find this information on the back of your notebook printed in small alphanumeric letters.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for responding Ub6424. This is very helpful.

My product name is HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-bp194cl and the number is 4KT96UA#ABA. Do you need the serial  number too?

Thanks! 

HP Recommended

Hello @Scraw4d 

@Scraw4d wrote:

Thank you so much for responding Ub6424. This is very helpful.

My product name is HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-bp194cl and the number is 4KT96UA#ABA. Do you need the serial  number too?

Thanks! 

That was the double check, fine that's your notebook.

Where to buy the battery ?

Search and find the battery with the [ HP part number ] and [ Compatible HP Part Numbers ( all will fit ) ]  online ( alibaba, aliexpress, ebay or amazon, ... )

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding again. I did want to confirm though, in the first message you sent I put a link with the maintenance and service guide and on that page there are 2 service guides. The second one says its for a 15m convertible pc and it has a different battery that is a 3-cell Li-ion battery (916814-855). I just wanted to confirm that it is not the one I need. Its the first option I should follow?

Also, I was doing to price scoping on batteries and I see several inexpensive ones on Amazon, but can I honestly trust those? But some of the more expensive sites like laptopbatteryexpress.com don't seem very honest either.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks 

HP Recommended

Hello @Scraw4d 

@Scraw4d wrote:

Thanks for responding again. I did want to confirm though, in the first message you sent I put a link with the maintenance and service guide and on that page there are 2 service guides. The second one says its for a 15m convertible pc and it has a different battery that is a 3-cell Li-ion battery (916814-855). I just wanted to confirm that it is not the one I need. Its the first option I should follow?

Also, I was doing to price scoping on batteries and I see several inexpensive ones on Amazon, but can I honestly trust those? But some of the more expensive sites like laptopbatteryexpress.com don't seem very honest either.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Replacement batteries work fine.

Can we double check again:

I need to know the product number (p/n) of your notebook !

You will find this information on the back of your notebook printed in small alphanumeric letters.

The product number (p/n) is legally allowed information, just about the computer, no sensitive data.

It is allowed to post in public, no problem.

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

I did give you the product number already when you asked: 4KT96UA#ABA. But is it the serial number you need instead?

HP Recommended

Hello @Scraw4d 

Sorry I have overlooked. I got all information that I need.

Let me check ...

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hello @Scraw4d 

@Scraw4d wrote:

I did give you the product number already when you asked: 4KT96UA#ABA

This is the

Maintenance and Service Guide 

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06267280.pdf

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.