12-18-2016 12:24 AM
I recently bougth the HP Envy x360 as my previous computer decided to die at the beginning of finals week.
I love this computer already and everything is working correctly, let me just clarify that right now.
What is bugging me is this random audible click that doesn't come from the speakers. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it is a single noisey click. Then several hours go by before it happens again.
So my question is: what the hell is causing the click?
Also, any recommendations for a stylus? I need something for doodling and note taking.
12-18-2016 02:08 PM
I would like to take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I came across you post and would like to help. I read that you have an HP Envy x360 laptop and get a click noise from the laptop. Also, you would like to know what stylus would work with this laptop.
The click noise that comes up randomly, could be a Windows Notification sound that we can turn off and try to check the performance.
- Turn notification sounds off in PC settings.
- Open PC settings.
- Access Search and apps.
- Click Notifications and tap the switch under the setting called "Play notification sounds" to turn it off.
Note: This method is unworkable in the computers running Windows 10 Enterprise.
Turn off notification sounds in Sound settings.
- Click the lower-left Start button, input sound and select Sound from the results to open Sound settings.
- In the Sound dialog, open Sounds and choose Notification in the program events.
- Tap the Sounds bar, select (None) in the list and click OK.
Hope this helps.
You could refer to this link to check for compatible HP Active Pen and HP Active Stylus: http://hp.care/2exUMMk
Let me know how it goes. Cheers! :)
I am an HP Employee
If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
01-28-2017 07:02 AM
I have the same issue with a loud "click" on this new laptop, and it has nothing to do with the sound settings. Do I need to bring it back to Best Buy for them to check out?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot