Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360

I am looking to see if anyone has had a similar issue and if they were able to get any resolution to this KNOW ISSUE!! I have tried for 2.5 hours today to get some satisfactory answers and have been unsuccessful. I have the HP Envy x360 which is now 18 days out of the manufacturer 1 year warranty. I called today and had the following interaction with HP Support. First contact I explained my issue and was told that by purchasing the 1 year warranty through HP support that my issue would be resolved. I had explained to the rep on the phone that I was having a screen issue where at the hinge on the bottom right it was pooping out and away from the cover. She proceeded to take my credit card info and charge me for the year subscription. She then transferred me to software support (yes software support). I explained my issue to the rep at software support who in turn advised me that I was having a hardware issue (no kidding!!). Transferred to hardware where I was told my laptop was out of warranty and nothing could be done. I explained what the rep at HP support had told me about the warranty I had just purchased. He in turn advised me I purchased a software warranty not a hardware warranty. I asked what my options were at this point and he advised I would need to cancel the new warranty and then call back and see what the "out of warranty division" could do for me. On to the next division to cancel my warranty. That rep advised that he was sorry and he would look into this and put me on hold. Comes back and his boss wants to resolve my issue, another transfer.  Boss advises that they can refund my warranty but wants to know why I want to cancel it so soon after my purchase (I give him my whole story again). He says he will refund my warranty and wants to look into my option for repair. Comes back with it will cost me $450 to have my year old laptop with know issue with this problem repaired. UGHHH. I tell him to refund my money and I will call out of warranty division. In my next call I am asked to give a description of the problem again, long story he states that nothing can be done its out of warranty HP will not assist with getting this fixed unless I agree to pay $450. I am looking online during the long on hold periods of this phone call and find a ton of forums where the HP Envy's have had this issue all the way back to 2015 but it may be even further. I also find that they talk about some customers being offered a 1 time courtesy repair. I ask the rep about this when he gets back on the phone, he puts me back on hold. Comes back to say for that to be considered I must speak to someone in warranty support. Another transfer, now I get a rep on the phone that says he will again look into this issue. On HOLD!!! Comes back saying I need to talk to someone in the warranty division that deals with non premium devices! No kidding!! Wants to transfer me again and this time, I get disconnected. Sorry for the long dissertation but I am at my whits end. I have a laptop with a know issue that has never been dropped or damaged, it is 18 days out of warranty and I can get no SUPPORT!! I was looking to see if you might have gotten any answers to this issue and a resolution. I appreciate any feedback you may be able to provide. Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

,@jrussell2323 Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.