Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavallion G6-1c87nr
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I have recenlty bought Samsung 850 Evo SSD to replace my 750 GB HDD on HP G6. It looks like SSD is not recognized by the BIOS. Also, i dont see an option to change SATA to AHCI in bios. 

My BIOS is insideh20 Version F .37. Please help.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@anishthk

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand you want information on how to change the SATA to AHCI in BIOS,

Here's an article that should help resolve your concern: Click here

For more assistance on the BIOS utility: Click here

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I dont have the SATA option enabled in my BIOS for "BIOS version 6 or less". Also i dont have storage option menu in my BIOS for "BIOS version 7 or greater".

Please help me. Below is the screen shot of the system information.

System Information

HP Recommended

@anishthk

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm unable to view the image,

Besides, If the option is unavailable, I recommend you update the BIOS using this article for details: Click here

And let me know how that goes.

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My BIOS version is the latest one.

Below is my BIOS details.

BIOS Manufacturer - InsydeH20 - Rev. 3.5

BIOS Version - F .37

Laptop Product number - A5G04UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Hi @anishthk,

Thanks for replying,

(I don't have the SATA option enabled in my BIOS for "BIOS version 6 or less". Also I don't have storage option menu in my BIOS for "BIOS version 7 or greater") Answering to your question, you are right there is no storage option available in the bios. The moment you connect the SSD it should be detected. 

If the issue persists, I would suggest you go ahead and remove the regular hard drive and just have the SSD connected to the PC and check if it gets detected. If it gets detected, I would suggest you go ahead and install the OS on the drive and then install the regular HDD as it would be detected as the secondary. 

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes for further assistance.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Mine is a laptop and i have connected only SSD to my laptop. I have tried hard drive self test in BIOS after connecting my SSD and is giving 303 error. But i can connect SSD to my laptop using USB to SATA adapter without any issues and can clone the OS using samsung magician software. So i assume SSD is working fine but BIOS is not detecting SSD.

HP Recommended

Hey@anishthk,

Thanks for the response.

Does the PC recognize the old hard drive?

This is to check if the SATA connector on the motherboard is gone bad or working correctly, try old hard drive and check if the BIOS detects the hard drive or errors out 303.

If the error shows up, then I recommend you to contact HP Phone support using the link below for further assistance.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Hope this helps. Please share for more assistance.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi,

The old HDD works fine without any issues. I am trying to upgrade my HDD to SSD.

HP Recommended

Hey@anishthk,

Thanks for the response.

You can try updating BIOS update and check if that solves the issue.

Use the link below to download the latest BIOS update.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Hope this helps. Please share for more assistance.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.