rydedivine Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP G62 Battery causes slow boot - take battery out and boots normally - HP G62-340US Notebook

All,

Very strange thing going on, and I've not seen it on these forums, so here I go.

Turn on laptop, the HP screen appears, and about 20 minutes later, Windows starts loading.

Turn off laptop, pull the battery, turn on the laptop, and Windows starts loading within 10 seconds (normal).

When the battery is in, EVERYTHING takes 15-20 minutes to start.  If I select F2 for settings, it takes that long.  If I hit F10 (or possibly F8), same delay.      If I take the battery out, it works perfectly.

So....I of course assume bad battery......but I've never seen this type of behavoir in ANY computer previously.

Any suggestions?

HP G62-340US Notebook 

Windows 7 Home Premium

No error message and no changes made to system.

Thanks

Donlen

7 REPLIES
rydedivine Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP G62 Battery causes slow boot - take battery out and boots normally - HP G62-340US Notebook

BTW - I've noticed other things like "Failed DST" and things like that...but only when the battery is installed. When battery is out....passes all diags.
0 Kudos
Associate Dean Associate Dean
Associate Dean
5903 465 1560
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Have you tried to run the Start up test from F2 option did they pass.

Please update the Bios, Graphic & Chipset driver from the HP website and have it checked.

Hi

Try this:

Disconnect AC

Shutdown

Remove battery

Connect AC

Startup

Open Device Manager

Click the plus (+) sign next to Batteries category, right-click All of the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" listings, and select Uninstall In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK. (it’s ok if you only have 1 of these listings).

Click the plus (+) sign next to System Devices.

Right-click the “ACPI Fixed Features Button" and select Uninstall. In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK.

Shutdown

Disconnect AC

Insert battery

Connect AC

Startup

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
0 Kudos
GUILLAUMEBER Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trying this fixed my problem! However, when I restart my comuter, it automatically installs back the ACPI fixed feature button device... and the problem starts again!

what to do?

thanks

g.b.

0 Kudos
GUILLAUMEBER Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can  you please do something?

g.b.

0 Kudos
Anekali Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks a million!!! It worked for me! YEAAAA!!!!! I'm ecstatic: Can ya tell? ;)

0 Kudos
markdtg Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed the instructions step by step and it does work.

Never would have figured this out.

Already spent the time to replace drive which I know now is not required.

Thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos
AL_D Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

is there a resolution for this issue?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation