Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

I have a HP G62 laptop. i'm not able to connect my laptop with my cellphone via bluetooth connectivity. the bluetooth on my laptop detects my cellphone(Nokia E63) but when i try starting pairing of both the devices, nothing happens. the bluetooth software on my laptop gives me a numbered code to be entered in my cellphone in order to pair them but i have no place to enter it in my cellphone in order to connect them and then the bluetooth software on my laptop gives a message saying that it took a long to get a response from the other device, please try again. 

Please Help

Thanks

Hi, i'm an online marketer with expertise in search engine optimization and social media marketing.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For the notebook to be picked up by the Cellphone you will need to set it to be discovered in bluetooth settings...Have you done that... Below is screenshot of what I am talking about... Plus can you post the exact model number of your notebook and current Operating system it is running on...

Untitled picture.png

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"

View solution in original post

68 REPLIES 68
HP Recommended

Have you tried the otherwise round i.e have the Nokia phone detect the notebook continue the pairing process?

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

hi

good to have a reply from you. Yes, i tried with my cellphone to search for the laptop Bluetooth and it does detect the laptop Bluetooth. the laptop Bluetooth gives options in order to connect with the device. i choose the pairing code options on which the laptop gives a security code and at the same time i'm prompted on my cellphone with a bar to enter the code. i do enter and press OK to carry on but the laptop Bluetooth then gives the error that it took a long time to connect with the device and please try again. I've tried again and again but it gives the same error every time.

Hi, i'm an online marketer with expertise in search engine optimization and social media marketing.
HP Recommended

For the notebook to be picked up by the Cellphone you will need to set it to be discovered in bluetooth settings...Have you done that... Below is screenshot of what I am talking about... Plus can you post the exact model number of your notebook and current Operating system it is running on...

Untitled picture.png

HP Recommended

hello

i finally got my cellphone paired with my laptop but the problem is that now i'm not able to send or receive files. i've tried transferring pdf files from my laptop to my cellphone but it gives an error saying that connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or the established connection has failed because the connected host has failed to respond. and same is the case when i transfer files from my cellphone to my laptop. 

HP Recommended

Can you post the exact model number of your notebook and current Operating system it is running on?

HP Recommended

my laptop model number us HP G62 and the operating system is windows 7 ultimate. i'm not able to find the full exact model number.

HP Recommended

The model number would be in the battery bay or if you go into the BIOS, you can get it there, check and post the same...

But I think most of G62 notebooks are going Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth, I would suggest installing driver for it from here and check  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50001-50500/sp50180.exe

HP Recommended

hey cyclops

thank you so much. the software worked perfectly and i'm now able to send and receive files between my lappi and my cellphone. thanks mate.

HP Recommended

You are always welcome! :generic:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.