11-12-2013 09:03 AM
I have a HP HD Webcam 3100, the webcam works through the application that came with it, but whenever I try to use the webcam on YouTube or Omegle it never picks up the camera. The application is up and running when I try this and that doesn't work, I've even cut the app off and the camera still doesn't work. I run Windows 8 and think it may be time for a new webcam if this one isn't going to work with it.
11-14-2013 11:24 AM
You need to download a driver for it, which can be found on the HP webpage I linked below.
You will have to install the Windows 7 driver, either 32 or 64 bit to match your Windows 8 OS. It's fine to do this and usually works - I have lots of older peripherals running on Win 7 drivers on a Windows 8 PC.
04-08-2014 01:35 PM
I'm afraid the Windows 7 driver doesn't cut it. It is fine for most purposes but for example, neither the Windows 8 camera app, nor Skype for Modern UI will recognise that the camera exists. I am encountering this issue and it is quite disappointing.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot