05-20-2014 09:20 AM
Original battery lasted several years. Replaced with standard HP battery which only lasted a few months. Any suggestions as to what caused this and is it worth buying another new battery?
05-20-2014 09:32 AM - edited 05-20-2014 09:36 AM
Probably old stock & as the bateries decay even if not used some portion of its life was lost prior to your purchase, other problem is hp oem component suppliers vary over time so first batch may of had japanese factory Sanyo while one you purchased had Samsung from china factories as example. Other problem is huge amount of fake hp branded batteries available worldwide so you may of got one with super cheap bottom grade chinese cells.
Your best bet is getting the battery re-built with quility cells at a decent service shop.
We do this as can suply quality a grade cells that are also fresh manufacture thus give the customer good value for money & put a good guarantee on our rebuilt batteries.
Buying direct from hp is an option but the price is high, you should be able get a rebuild with higher capacity & matching if not better grade cells at less cost than hp OEM if hunt around for good service shop.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot