Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-dk0072nr

have tried all troubleshooting procedures available, hard reset, new battery, new charging cable, reset bios, updated bios and nothing works.

601 error still present.
Bought the laptop at a local pawn shop and everything is okay except the battery issue during boot up.

it will not boot up without the charging able attached, but once it boots up, the charging cable can be unplugged and the computer will run.

Checked the connections and applied a bit of dielectric grease to clean the connection at the battery to the motherboard.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @dtrump16,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

There are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue of your HP laptop not detecting the battery.

• Check the battery contacts: Make sure the battery contacts are clean and not corroded. You can use a dry cloth or cotton swab to clean the contacts.
  • Restart the laptop: Sometimes restarting the laptop can solve the issue of the battery not being detected.
  • Update the BIOS: Updating the BIOS can sometimes help to fix issues with hardware detection. You can check the HP website for the latest BIOS update for your laptop model.
  • Run the HP Battery Check: HP laptops come with a built-in Battery Check tool that can diagnose battery issues. You can access this tool by pressing the F2 key during startup.
  • Try a hard reset: Turn off the laptop, unplug it from the power source, remove the battery, and hold down the power button for 15 seconds. Then reinsert the battery and try turning on the laptop.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi @dtrump16,

We have not heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created on HP Support Community.

I would like to know if the query that you had with your HP product was answered.  

If you have any other queries, feel free to reply to us and we will be more than happy to help you.

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, please go to the public post and click on "Accepted Solution" and give us a virtual high-five by clicking on the "Thumbs Up" icon.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.