Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 15-ef1027ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day to all.

In February I bough this laptop from staples and it comes with only a SSD 2.5 500gb. I wish to know if it is possible to add a 2nd SSD inside the laptop say 1 tb and transfer the system from 500 Gb t0 1Tb SSD.

Thanks for your coming responses.

Outer than that the PC is operating flawlessly. Happy with it.

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

See how well the Maintenance and Service Guide linked to here matches up with your machine:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/product/hp-15-e1000-laptop-pc-series/32612084/model/37747618/manuals

From browsing around the internet, it seems like the ##-LL portion of the model number is the important part for matching up the physical layout inside.

Looking at the physical layout in that manual, I don't see a place to put another internal drive. However, your actual computer may be different.

More importantly, if there is no additional drive socket on the motherboard, that would be a major obstacle too. On most of the pictures of newer HP laptops, and mine, the 8 pin motherboard socket for the SATA drive is labeled "JHDD"

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

See how well the Maintenance and Service Guide linked to here matches up with your machine:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/product/hp-15-e1000-laptop-pc-series/32612084/model/37747618/manuals

From browsing around the internet, it seems like the ##-LL portion of the model number is the important part for matching up the physical layout inside.

Looking at the physical layout in that manual, I don't see a place to put another internal drive. However, your actual computer may be different.

More importantly, if there is no additional drive socket on the motherboard, that would be a major obstacle too. On most of the pictures of newer HP laptops, and mine, the 8 pin motherboard socket for the SATA drive is labeled "JHDD"

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Well I just want to tell thank you for the info. The only thing left for me is to buy an internal SSD and replace the actual one and transfer the system from one SSD to the other.

Daniel

HP Recommended

If you get a Western Digital drive, WD has its own cloning software so you don't have to bother with third party drive cloning. You can get an extra cable, or even a whole housing to connect it through USB for the transfer. Then you can put the old drive in there and use it as an external drive.

HP Recommended

Does the cloning software is automatically included with the purchase ?

HP Recommended

Being french I have no idea what you mean by "whole housing "

HP Recommended

An external case for an internal SSD.

HP Recommended

The Western Digital cloning software is a free download available to anybody. I am not sure how well it works on anything besides Western Digital drives.

I *think* this is it, but snoop around and see if you find something better.

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14926

HP Recommended

Ok got it now...I was planning to get a casing to sit the original one it

Great thanks

Daniel

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tips but I owned Easus TodoBackup Home edition which I bought. I can clone with it and Easus Partition Manager 15.8 can also do that. They both canrestore from  USB key.

I did downloaded the Acronis for Western Digital and will test it out later on

Nevertheless Thank you very much for your input...well appreciated.

Daniel

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.