Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have  purchased a HP pavilion DV6t-3100 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC 2 years back, it was working fine till last two month, but now from the last two month it is facing with a strange problem, when ever i charged my laptop battery and shutdown the  system, and check back after some time it's battery drains at 2% per hour rate, if i remove the battery from the PC and insert it even after some days, it was work fine without any battery power loss, i know my batetry is not damaged , because after full charging it worked for 2 hrs continuosly, i am very much worry about this.

One  more thing i would like to inform you that i have searched this problem on internet and found a lot of solutions telling that do shutdown, remove ac, remove battery, hold down the power button for 30 sec- 1 min, connect AC, start the PC , uninstall the microsoft ACPI complint drivers,  remove AC, insert the battery, strat the PC, leave for 1 min, conec the AC....etc..this will solve the problem, but i have done this trick many times but no luck, then i found one another trick that tells...check the Wackup LAN on network card and in BIOS , it is disabled or not, i have done this trick also, but no luck, 

finally i found the last solution on internet to update the BIOS , i tuned my system by HP system assistance utility and after tuned a found 5 drivers need to be updated, ok then the most elegant solution that i found on internet was to update the BIOS, ok then i thoght to upadte my BIOS , i downloaded it from the hp drivers and software link and i got 2 BIOS drivers, as my was F.22  and in the list it was F.23 and F.29 , i decided to download the F.29 to update the BIOS , no problem , i downloded it and install it in my PC, but no luck, this trick was also not successfull wiht my case, 

Can anybody help me what should i do in this case, by which my battery began to work fine,

after updating the BIOS i again tuned my system from HP utility it is again saying that 5 drivers need to be updated including BIOS, while i have updated my BIOS, i think the latest BIOS driver should be updated, by which this problem can be solved, but the very latest driver was F.29 in that HP drivers and softwares link, now where i can found the very latest driver on internet, which will solve my problem, and utility say that 4 drivers need to be updated excluding BIOS, in the vision of utility BIOS is now updated.

now i think to update my BIOS driver from the utility which also provide the link to installar ignore, if i install the BIOS from that link, will it good or not because i used my internet connection by USB modem, and i think that when you are trying to update the BIOS at that time you should be connected from the AC adapter, and there should be no any USB attahced with your PC, then in this case how i will update my BIOS , because i will install the BIOS update by USB modem.

Please help to find out the elegant solution to resolve this problem, i very much appreciate your help.

sorry for my bad english..

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

Are u there (Any Expert from HP), if you are not there then why are u using this blog, if you don't have a time to respond, 

this is a rediculous behaviour by u HP, i don't buy any HP product, your service is too bad to express.

HP Recommended

Hello vir_chaudhan

I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well, if you could indicate which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Which Windows operating system am I running?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02033168

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hi,

My laptop is HP-Pavilion DV6t-CTO 3100 Enmtertainment PC,

Product No-  WW146AAR

O.S. - win-7 64  bit (Home Premium)

HP Recommended

Hello vir_chauhan

Thank you for your prompt reply. I can understand your frustration if you battery is draining when it is shut off. I would recommend that first we ensure that the battery does not have something wrong with it and that it is calibrated correctly. To do this I am providing you the HP Support document Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 7) which will guide you through the process of testing the battery and ensuring it is properly calibrated.

I am not sure exactly what is going on with your system, but I believe this is a good place to start. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. I look forward to the results. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hi Dunidar  ,

Thanks for your response, but i would like to inform you that i have already tested my battery by HP support assistance, and i got OK status , i know my battery is good in condition, if i unplug the battery from the laptop, then insert the battery after some time or after some days, it works fine and there is no any drains found, i have done all the tricks which i found on the internet, so now if you can then plz help me, accoridng to my point of view it should be a BIOS problem, but i did not found the very latest BIOS for my model, otehrwise i tried that...

anyway thanks for your effort, and if you get anything else plz update.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello again vir_chauhan

Thank you for responding again. Okay so what I am going to do this time is give you some additional tests to run to see what is actually going on. The reason for this is simple, if you computer is turned completely off and your battery is still draining then there has to be a hardware issue somewhere as no software is running so we cannot blame it on the software. The following command is going to provide you with information after it is done with the test and I would appreciate it if you could post the same information I am going to show you back only with what your system says. To run the command you need to do the following steps:

*** NOTE: Ensure your battery is 100% charged.

Step 1: Right-click on the Command Prompt link and open as Administrator

Step 2. Type the following

powercfg -energy -output c:\Batterytest.html

Step 3. Hit enter

Now the information I need looks like this, and can be found in the file c:\Batterytest.html.

Battery:Battery Information

Battery ID              xxxxxxxxx

Manufacturer        xxxxxx

Serial Number

Chemistry              xxxx

Long Term             x

Sealed                   x

Design Capacity    xxxxx

Last Full Charge    xxxxx

If you could re-post with the results as I have shown above it will assist me with identifying what is going on. Thank you again for your posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi Dunidar ,

Sorry for the delay, the information which you want from my side is given below.

Battery:Battery Information

Battery ID             Hewlett-PackardPrimary

Manufacturer       Hewlett-Packard

Serial Number

Chemistry              NiMH

Long Term             1

Sealed                   

Design Capacity   46310  

Last Full Charge    46310

HP Recommended

Hi Dunidar ,

I am waiting for you response.

HP Recommended

Hi Dunidar ,

You did not respond till now, can you please help me to sort out the actual problem.i am waiting for your positive response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.