Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Someone posted this issue and I am having the exact same one with my laptop. Please someone help, the laptop works perfectly otherwise and I just purchased this about two years ago as well. 

"I have had my 15-inch HP Envy x360 for about two years, and the laptop is cracking along the left hinge, badly enough that the screen is separating from the front and the laptop will not lie flat when closed. I have not thrown, dropped, shaken or otherwise abused this laptop, and did not have this issue with my previous model. Please help with this issue--the laptop will break soon if I keep opening and shutting it. "

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@LydiaT

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't have the same model but I do have the same problem.

I am worried it may stop working and with some internals exposed the effect of this on running.

HP Recommended

I don't have the same model, but I posted this exact issue back on 12/6/20.  I was told that HP would help me.  After one communication, everyone at HP has gone silent.  Good luck getting this resolved because they're not helping me.  I'm already shopping for a new computer, and I'll never own another HP again.  

HP Recommended

Yes, it is completely frustrating. I have received some feedback about a potential repair but I am trying to see if anything can be addressed with HP for this issue. It is not appealing to pay for a repair when the same issue may happen again with the same product.  Another laptop from a different manufacturer may be the only option. 

HP Recommended

I would take great care to make sure no one opens the laptop without firmly holding down the hinge for now at least.... the screen will crack if it continues and if it is a touch screen, it is likely unusable. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.