Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi, I am a new poster, but this is in response to my HP laptop order (HP 15Z-EN100) being given a delay by over a month of time.

I ordered it when it was in stock, and it was a month long lead time, but I was okay with that original time. However, a more than doubling of the wait for this laptop is a bit much.

I am a student, and I do need this laptop in order to get important GPU and CPU intensive work done. I ordered through the HP Education store, and I ordered the laptop in early April.

I was given an email saying that there was a supply constraint issue for the parts. While I would be okay with this if I ordered it from a backorder, I ordered it when it was in stock. I expected the wait to be, at worst case scenario, the maximum window for the order to be fulfilled. While I do understand this was made with the expectations of a long lead time due to it not being pre-assembled, being in stock logically means having the actual available parts on hand for actual assembly. Additionally, the same SKU, just with a slightly different configuration from last time I checked has an expected order window being before mine, and being in much less total time.

I have no idea if this can be rectified at all, but at the very least, I want to voice my concerns. I ordered it by April 8th, and the expected shipping date is by June 9th. I do understand if this is unable to be at least curbed to some degree, but this is a very long wait for a product that I have been actively needing during that time.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I am really feel sad for you as being a student it's very important for you to have laptop with you. as because due to pandemic conditions  everything is shifted to online. So my suggestion for you to is that you should contact courier company if you have any tracking number or something like that then this will really help you.. but i hope that you had received your laptop parcel till now, but if still not then you can use this suggestion.

Login at official webportal of PTU to get all latest updates about PTU Exam.
HP Recommended

Hi@Blender3Alpha, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We'd love you have you join us as an HP new computer owner.  Smiling.

New Product? Need Help? HP Online Store – USA – Customer Service

Not your HP store?  Scroll to the bottom of the website and click the Flag to change regions.

Customer Service - Examples

Self-Help Service, Account, Security and Privacy, Returns and cancellations, FAQ, Shopping, Shipping and delivery, Rebates / Coupons, Product Support, Parts and services

OR

Select a subject type

OR

Select a subject type

OR

Select Home and Home Office products > (Next) Select the type of order / information you seek

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply! Unfortunately, I don't have a tracking number or anything. The status so far is that is still being processed, so it has not been assembled or at the very least, been marked as being assembled or being shipped out. While I hope I can get it soon, it wasn't fun to see that they really didn't touch it for the month of lead time they gave me originally.

I will look out to see if they will give me a tracking number or any other indication of it being sent out, so thanks for the reminder! I'm posting here as there really as the phone support seems to be for call order sales or sales related issues, and the online chat service seem only for technical support or purchase advice, so I am going to see if I can get ahold of someone who can at least give me at least a clearer explanation for what's going on.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.