Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The replacement cable for my country, which is Greece, is displayed wrong in your order form. Please fix it!

HP Recommended
Not sure if mine is a LS-15 but I said it was anyway and got it validated and up returned that it was faulty. Got my HP Pavilion dv6 in Novermber 2011 from an Australian retailer. The power cord has a date code of 2611. Does the power cord need to have LS- 15 written on it or can it be anything and still be faulty?
HP Recommended

I have a power cord that I have noticed for the past few months has been getting very hot and have burnt myself on it, along with my 3 year old burning himself by touching it. It says mine is not affected by the recall, yet it gets severely hot! What is up with that? The date on it is 4212

HP Recommended

I have the exact problem stated here and yet mine does not fall under the recall either(WS-083 vs LS-15).  Just got off the phone after being passed around 4 times and talking for an hour yet nothing came of it.  I spent a crazy amount on this computer yet it hasn't worked properly since day 1.  Everytime I have called its been an uphill battle trying to get help.  Even when my computer was brand new and still under warrenty it was a struggle to get repairs they caused during manufatcturing.

I called customer support and got passed to another department.

The next guy said that since mine wasn't the model getting recalled even though it was having the same issue. I asked to speak to the supervisor.

Supervisor said we understand your problem and I'll pass you off to someone that can help you.  At this point I was pissed and curious as to why he couldn't help me but I played along.

Next I was passed to the wrong customer support where I had started out and he told me that he would pass me off to the proper customer support.  This was after an hour and it was clear this was going nowhere so I hung up.

Everytime I had to re explain the issue and everytime they gave me the work around.

I understand that my computer is not under warrenty but if you recall some chargers for an identical problem, it seems like you could do the same for me.

I have been a customer since 2001 and have spent thousand dollars on your products.  This charger has the same exact problems as described by the recall.  You say its my fault or its the BIOS fault or the problem doesn't exist in general.  I am sick of your crap and I will no longer be a customer.  I run a software company and will eventually buy hundreds of computers over the next few years . For the cost of ONE charger you lost my business and I will tell every business person that I meet about my experience.  I have a feeling that the cost to you will exceed 1 charger.

In my business the customer is always correct, even if they are wrong.  In your business, the customer is always wrong, even if they are right.  You should consider the lifetime value of a customer before giving them the workaround. 

Sincerly,

Very annoyed (former) customer

P.S. You guys almost went bankrupt over the crappy quality of your products and I thought you were finally doing something about it.  I guess I was wrong.

HP Recommended

How do I handle multiple (I am talking atleast 100, possibly a couple hundred) recalled cables. I have way too many to enter each of them online individually. Please let me know.

Thanks.

PJ Apostle

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Just bought 2 identical brand new HP laptops, and noticed that they had different power cords. One is a Volex, the other is a Longwell with LS-18 printed on the connector. Could this be affected by the recall? I know the ones affected are LS-15 but just thought it was odd that 2 identical laptops came with different cords and wondered if the Volex cord might have been a replacement due to the other cord being affected by the recall?

HP Recommended

in your very first post of this thread, your figure 1 pic is of a DESKTOP power cord - not a laptop power cord....

perfect if your goal is to confuse.

when i called the support # for this, the agents gave a different email addr each time (none of them correct) for the bulk ordering.

again - perfect

HP Recommended

I received replacement cord,but laptop  overheats.I  have vacuumed it to no avail.Getting  message about fan malfunction.

This is a safety hazard. Will   HP   replace fan?  I  am out of warranty

Thanks

chonya7

HP Recommended

i got message from HP Support Asisstant ,that i must replace my AC Power Cord .and i must fill form on official website and i will get new AC Power Chord from HP.

My Question is :

• Do I have to pay for the replacement ac power cord with code LS 15??or free??

Thank You HP .

HP Recommended

I have yet to recieve a new cord and I applied twice.  Seems that the odds of a cord catching on fire is very unlikely since they never respond.  HP, get it together.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.