Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Laptop fans acting strange

HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently the fans of my HP Omen started acting strange. When I open Firefox and Skype for example, the fans start spinning and are going loud for a duration of around 20 seconds. I've noticed that it happens even with no software open sometimes. They were working correctly (assuming that they only turn on when the laptop is heating) , but two days ago they started working even when the lowest amount of proccesses were open and the laptop was cold. I have the latest BIOS Driver aswell as all updates in HP Support Assistant.

Product number: X7H55EA#AKS

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,692 7,685 425 594
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AtanasMitkov,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the fans of your OMEN by HP Laptop PC - 15-ax004nu make a loud noise when you open certain programs.

This issue could occur because of some corrupt software or malware.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation