Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hard drive is no longer being recognized on my HP Pavilion x360 Convertible laptop. I tried replacing the previous hard drive with a new SSD and it is not recognizing that one either so I think I ruled out a fault hard drive. 

When I boot it goes to the no hard drive recognized screen. I try doing the hard drive check (quick check) and it once again tells me the hard drive does not exist. It makes me think there is a faulty connection on my mother board but its not mounted by wiring, it goes directly into the motherboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Could you post the Model # or Product ID for us so we can see what it supports? Also, what type of ssd you have.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

PROD ID: 8LK69UA#ABA

I think the SSD is 3.3V 2.5A PCIe Gen3

HP Recommended

Looks like the Model # is 15-dq0953cl Try as I might, I can't get anything but a drivers page for it. Looks to be a Serbia region model.

17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

That is my model number yeah. Its not an old laptop. We got it 2 years ago brand new.

I can take a picture of the inside of the computer if that would help.

HP Recommended

Sorry, I was in the Russian Support page. Here is your Service Manual  for future reference. I believe you need the intel chipset driver loaded to see the new ssd. If you are trying to load a fresh OS, I believe that's handled by the UEFI boot file on your usb  OS boot drive.

17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

Unfortunately I lost the USB drive that came with the laptop. I got windows 10 installer on a different USB drive though. How would I go about getting the Intel chipset on there now? 

HP Recommended

You may not need it, they have some drivers included. If not, then you'll have to get the driver for your lpatop and include it on your USB installer.

edit- this may apply to you- intel RST Driver in WMC  

17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

I tried following those steps and still nothing is found when selecting a hard drive to install Windows 10 to.

HP Recommended

Follow the steps Paul_Tikkaman has in this thread- https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-new-laptop-will-not-detect-... 

You basically have to download the Intel driver, extract it to your W10 flash drive in the root directory, when the installer gets to the drive selection page, click load driver and point it to the Intel folder you put on the flash drive.

17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.