Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi i have an HP Mini 110 and i recently reformatted it using a windows 7 USB flash drive. 

But after the reformat i realized that i couldn't connect to the internet using LAN or Wireless.

I Do not have any network adapter's showing under network connections

and when i go into my device manager there are no working drivers for any of my devices listed uner 'network adapter's'

So i'm guessing i just need the driver's? But i've downloaded like 15 different hp network adapter's and none of them seem to be fixing it, i'm not 100% i've downloaded the right ones, but i've downloaded alot of them to no avail

Anyone have any idea's why windows installed and my network adapter's didn't or how i can go about fixing this so i can get internet back on my HP Mini?

86 REPLIES 86
HP Recommended
  • Unknown devices would be listed as such and marked out with a yellow question mark.

find device drivers

• Select the unknown device and right click to access Properties.
  • In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id or Hardware ID from the drop down.

device drivers downloads

• An alphanumeric string like this PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_012F1025&REV_01\4&6B16D5B&0&33F0 is the identification marker for the device. Please provide that so that we can help you with the right driver.
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number of your mini-110?

Do you see any devices in the device manager labeled ethernet controller or network controller with a little yellow ! mark?

If so, those are the two network devices, and they need the drivers installed.

To find the right drivers, please click on each one of these items in the device manager.

Then click on the details tab. In the Properties drop down list, select the second item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters you see in the window.

Those will identify the models of the network adapters and I can send you the links to the drivers.

Paul

HP Recommended

Well unfortunately i cannot tell you the string of character's anymore

I tried to search for the driver's and i installed the wrong one's, which changed it from 'network adapter ' to the name of the incorrect driver', and then when i went to uninstall the driver, it just disappeared off my device manager.

It was listed under 'Other Devices' with the little yellow " ! ", there were actually 2 like network adapter and network conntroller or something i'm not 100% but network related ones, and i'm also missing driver's for PCI Device and Video Controller

HP Recommended

Please provide the hardware ID eventhough they are listed in other devices. This hardware ID will help us search the right driver for your system.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

I have hp mini 110. I can not access wireless network.  It is yellow marked in network controller and SM Bus controller. Hardware Ids is PC\VEN_14E4&DEV_4315&SUBSYS_15071023C&REV_01  This is the first details on top.

Will you please tell me what to do?. What link can I find the driver?

Hoping urgent reply.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Here is the network driver for Windows XP:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48616.exe

Here is the driver of SM Bus controller for Windows XP:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp42001-42500/sp42295.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended

hi,

I see also in my computer > device manager an unknown "network controller" device with yellow icon. these are the details I can see for it:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103C
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_0280

I guess it's also about the wireless card? I'm not sure, but can you guys help me with the right driver for my device?

thanks a lot

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

thank you so so much ...it solved my problem.

God Bless!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.