06-01-2010 08:47 PM
I have an HP Mini 1120NR Mi Edition running Linux. Everything works fine except for certain keys on the keyboard. For example, the 's' key does not work, and the 't' key produces t5v. If I plug in an external keyboard on the usb port, it works fine. I've tried using System Restore to no avail. Ideas? Thanks - Jim
06-01-2010 09:04 PM
Ensure you have the latest BIOS, but this is usually a hardware issue - contact HP support
Version f.13 is available, but has been available for awhile; I do not think it will resolve the issue but if you have an older BIOS you may want to update -
06-01-2010 09:49 PM
Thanks. I called tech support and it's out of warranty.
Frankly, this thing was a piece of junk from the word go and I won't sink another dime into it. Ripped off by HP, I had may last computer built by a reputable local computer shop.
Cheers! - Jim
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot