Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Mini 110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Tried to upgrade my RAM from 1GB to 2GB since it is extremely slow running  but when i've slot in my new 2GB memory,  i am able to boot up my windows but somehow the OS only detects 1GB of memory instead of 2GB. The bios too detect only 1GB of RAM.

Then i decided to installed the CPU-Z as advise by the vendor and to my supprised CPU-Z detected 2GB of RAM as what i've purchase. What possibly is wrong with the BIOS and WINDOWS that stopping it to detect the 2GB RAM ? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Tell us exactly what memory you put in it. You can also see if somehow in the boot options in system config 1 gb is set as maximum memory. Unlikely but worth a look:

msconfigmsconfig

Above screenshot is from my computer showing no max memory set. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.