09-18-2013 09:43 AM
I picked up the x1000 mouse in Argos yesterday as I needed a cheap temporary replacement for my excellent Logitech mouse that I left at my parents house. Naively I assumed that like the Logitech and all other usb mouses I have owed in the past it would simply plug in and work but this was not the case.
Supposedly the driver installs, the light comes on the bottom of the mouse but it does not work. every couple of minutes windows makes the noise so as to suggest that something has been disconnected and reconnected, but the usb is securely plugged in the socket. Looking online on the hp website there is zero support whatsoever for this mouse, no drivers or anything.
My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 7720 running 64 bit Windows 8. Is there any quick fix or should I just return this mouse and get another?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot