Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ac122na (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i had my power jack replaced at a repair shop, they phoned to say i wont power on after they swapped it over. was working before but battery was flat so didnt stay on. he has tested it and cannot find a fault. anyone know what the problem is and solution please. x

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Oldbiddy66 Greetings from the HP Community!

If the power jack you are referring to is the DC power connector on the motherboard, you may want to contact the tech that replaced it and have this fixed, 

However, if its the adapter you mean, you may want to check with an alternate wall/power outlet and check if that works before getting a replacement of the same.

Alternatively, you may want to check if everything is in place, if you have replaced the power connector cable using the below instructions:

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS: CLICK HERE

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi ,the technician  changed the power socket on the motherboard and now the laptop wont power on. He has checked and can find no fault on the motherboard at all. Before it was replaced the laptop was working.

HP Recommended

@Oldbiddy66

Appreciate you trying the steps. As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.