08-26-2018 02:45 PM
After following the advice below, what I have found is the computer will sleep and wake as it should for a few weeks, then I have to unistall and reinstall the graphics driver. I do not need to do any other steps listed below, and then it works fine again for a few weeks? Any ideas? Also, there are five graphics drivers that show up for my model. How do I know which one is correct? Thanks, so much!
My initial post is here:
Please perform a hard reset from this link: https://hp.care/2nwQ054
Then try these steps:
- Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
- Check the box that states delete the software for this device. Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and graphics drivers from this link: https://hp.care/2syreDe Please select the country and type the product# of the computer. Then select the correct operating system and follow the on-screen instructions to do it.
Now check if the issue gets fixed.
If it continues, then perform these steps to see if it gets resolved:
- Go to Control Panel, then click Power Options.
- From the Select a power plan page, click Choose what the power buttons do from the list on the left panel.
- On the Define power buttons and turn on password protection page, you then have the option of choosing what happens when you:
- press the power button
- press the sleep button
- When I close the lid- select the sleep option (not shutdown or hibernate)
Now check again.
If it does not work then please perform all the prescribed steps that best match the issue from this link: http://hp.care/2A59l0D (HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8) Please perform the following options mentioned below:
- The computer does not wake up from sleep or hibernate mode
- Sleep and Hibernate issues after upgrading to Windows 10
- Disabling the password requirement when resuming from sleep
- Disabling hybrid sleep in Windows
08-27-2018 04:34 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Forums,
Barachiel is at your service.
I Understand you are in need of support,
And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message with the required informations,
Keep me posted,
Good Luck. 🙂
I am an HP Employee