Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-DC0009NS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP OMEN 15-DC0009NS laptop and since I recently bought an HP G5 dock station I was willing to use the laptops USB C Thunderbolt port in order to charge and keep the laptop's lid close since I'm working at home 24/7 and have a two-monitor display that makes that work approach way more efficient.

I was really surprised to notice that the laptop' Thunderbolt port won't charge with a more than 140€ dock station from the same brand since that was basically the only reason I bought the G5 so I can work with the laptop's lid closed and be able to turn on / off the device from the dock station.

Is this a common problem? do I have to change some sort of battery configuration, etc ? Really confused about this since HP promote this port (even with a charge icon on the port) as a  USB 3.1 Type-C Thunderbolt port. Any feedback will be really appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Lowtrux,

I'd like to help!

Perform the USB test

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that, all the hardware will be listed, please choose the USB port and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Sorry but I'm not sure I understand your suggestion, my main problem is that the Laptop won't charge with the HP dock I just bought when I plug the dock into the laptops USB 3.1 Type-C Thunderbolt port, the port works fine but it won't charge the laptop.  ¿ Why do I have to test an USB keyboard ? also not sure what you mean with "Replace the keyboard with USB". Can you please clarify that to me, many thanks.

HP Recommended

Try the below suggestions-

Install the thunderbolt drivers-

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp97001-97500/sp97162.exe

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Also, try updating the BIOS. Refer to this document for steps - HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

The link you are posting doesn't even exist. Is this support system a joke? It's kind of mind-blowing for me that HP has this bot system for products that are not cheap, though this was a serious company but wow, what's the next thing you will suggest to give you my cc number and my IP address? You are not even targeting my specific problem in ANY of your answers and now you are giving me a link that doesn't even work.

HP Recommended

Were you able to download and Install the thunderbolt drivers?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.