Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp omen 15

I have a HP OMEN-15 Laptop with these sepcs:

• Win 10 home edition
  • Intel i7-10750H
  • 16GB Ram
  • 512GB SSD
  • Nvidia RTX2060 6GB

A few months ago the fans of the computer was blowing out a lot of air compared to how it is now. Now the PC heats up so easily and gives me very poor experience with games. The games start normal at 60FPS or 144 FPS then drops down to 30FPS after some time. The CPU degree is at 50C to 60C for casual tasks, 70C to even 90C while gaming. Is there any way i can fix this problem? If wanted more detail i can elobrate further.

• I did the Extensive System diagnosis and it passed every test.
  • I Updated my BIOS to the latest version.
  • I installed the latest version of my Graphics driver.
  • I tested my CPU using Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and it passed every test.

If you are having the same problem or have a solution for this problem I would be more than happy to hear it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sounds like the fan may be clogged with dust. Try sticking a bent out paperclip in the fan grille to hold the blades and then blow in compressed air like from a can using the straw to direct it right in there. If dust flies out that means it is doing some good. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Sounds like the fan may be clogged with dust. Try sticking a bent out paperclip in the fan grille to hold the blades and then blow in compressed air like from a can using the straw to direct it right in there. If dust flies out that means it is doing some good. 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. I actually couldnt believe the amount of dust that would come out of fans.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.