Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-ce020ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've searched to my wits end, I swear I've attempted everything and I am having no luck.

My HP Omen 15 (Model 15-ce020a) will no longer charge unless the lid is closed and the laptop is sleeping.

I have done everything - Deleted the battery management drivers and reinstalled, no luck. Pulled the hard-mounted battery, held down the power button, plugged it back in, nothing. Completely reset the system, nothing. Updated BIOS, nothing. Tried 4 different chargers (45W, 90W, 120W and 150W) and all act the same way. Laptop is updated to current firmware and applications across the board as far as I can tell. I have run battery diagnostic which shows OK, I have attempted to run the adapter diagnostic as well. It will run the diagnostic if I plug the charger in right before running the test, and it shows it is ok. If i try to run it a second time, it says to plug in an adapter, as if I have unplugged the one I am using - although I have not, and the light remains white.

Computer will recognize that it is plugged in for roughly 5 seconds before going back to operating on battery power. Charging light on the side of the laptop is illuminated white, goes orange when charging (of course, when it is off/sleeping).

Sometimes I will get the HP message notifying that the charger is not high-powered enough to charge the unit, sometimes i do not. I can't imagine this being something other than a software issue of some sort considering the unit DOES charge, when off. It again also shows the white light for the charger although it will not charge the battery.

I'm truly at a loss for words at this point - this machine is out of warranty by a few months (Ended in April 2019) and I seem to have run into a brick wall as far as diagnosis. Is my only option to take this thing to a repair shop and see if they can work some sort of magic?

Thanks in advance. Please, help!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Yurgens Welcome to HP Community!

I suggest you start with a hard reset: Click here for steps (as per HP standards)

When done, If the charger shows inconsistent power output values, I would suggest that you step into Best Buy or staples and try with a different battery and that should isolate the issue.

• Please try a different battery on the unit as well. 
  • Do not buy the battery and adapter. It is only for testing.
  • Use spare ones that they may have. If it works correctly, then you could think of buying it.

Meanwhile, also, try the below 

Since you've already reinstalled the battery drivers, please use this link: for battery testing and calibration

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

With all due respect, did you even read my post? The computer HAS been reset. I HAVE tried 4 different adapters. I HAVE uninstalled the ACPI drivers.

Please reread my post before responding again, thanks....

HP Recommended

@Yurgens I seem to have missed on a few details, my bad, although, I have updated my post for you, 

That said, ​​​​​​please try with an alternate battery (if available) as this could be either a battery or battery connector/dc port failure, considering you've already updated the BIOS, reinstalled the batteries drivers and used other adapters, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I do not have an extra battery to just throw in this laptop to test.

Your efforts are in vain. No thank you for you! Bad HP employee! 

HP Recommended

@Yurgens I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.