Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-5250nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I would like to install another SSD into my current omen or if it's possible one hdd.

I already have an 256gb ssd but i wonder if it's possible to mount a second one becouse i need more space for trash file.

Thanks a lot for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No per the Manual the only storage slot is one M.2:

Service Manual

Storage Single PCIe / SATA M.2 SSD conƭguration as storage (scope M.2 2260/2280 DS SSD) ● 512 GB, MLC, PCIe, M.2.2280 ● 256 GB, MLC, PCIe, M.2.2260

All you can do to get more space is put in a larger M.2 disk. And getting that Omen open and back together is not an easy chore. I had the 128 gig model and wanted to upgrade, but could never find the rubber bumper thing on the bottom which will get destroyed and need replaced if you try to open the service panel. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

No per the Manual the only storage slot is one M.2:

Service Manual

Storage Single PCIe / SATA M.2 SSD conƭguration as storage (scope M.2 2260/2280 DS SSD) ● 512 GB, MLC, PCIe, M.2.2280 ● 256 GB, MLC, PCIe, M.2.2260

All you can do to get more space is put in a larger M.2 disk. And getting that Omen open and back together is not an easy chore. I had the 128 gig model and wanted to upgrade, but could never find the rubber bumper thing on the bottom which will get destroyed and need replaced if you try to open the service panel. 

HP Recommended

i did what you suggest (2 years later) and happened this, please can you help me here 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/OMEN-15-don-t-boot-new-ssd/m-p/7331116#M17434...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.