Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 DC000****
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

My problem is that i have replaced my ac adaptor (with a genuine OEM part which matches original) but it does not work 😞

I get the error 

"Your computer is designed to vary performance as needed when a smaller capacity Smart AC Adapter is connected.
However your computer exceeds the power rating for the Smart AC Adapter connected.   Please connect a higher capacity Smart AC Adapter".

It still charges with the old adaptor for now but I want to replace this because one of the wires is becoming loose

I've seen this on other posts but they seem to have been shut down. My laptop will charge when turned off and it starts charging before this message comes up. If i press okay it stops charging.

Bios is up to date

Windows is up to date

I've reinstalled the AC adaptor and ACPI complaint section under device manager and disabled them temporarily to no avail

I've also ran the HP diagnostic on the battery and the non working adaptor  and they both pass.

Hoping somebody has solved the issue anther way

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@marcopolo88 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06084803

It uses 135W AC adapter part # L15534-001 which is N/A from HP

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=4CD99UA

Your machine has GTX 1050 with 135W PSU and my machine has GTX 1070 with 200W PSU that means 65W difference but why machine only gives message recently, could be BIOS.

Very strange. I know, normally higher wattage rating AC adapter will fix the message. Do you have friend or relative who has higher wattage rating to check this out ? Please also update BIOS to see any help.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@marcopolo88 

What is your machine ? An HP Omen 15-dc0xxx machine can have one of 135W, 150W or 200W adapter depending on its GPU. For example my machine which is an HP Omen 15-dc0071tx has 200W AC adapter.

I need to know what is your machine to be able to get the right part #

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks

yes my machine

OEM power supply is 135w

I can’t find the actual model number but when I check hp with my serial number

5CD84017fs

it suggests it’s a Dc-0096nr

worth saying the new adaptor is also 135w 

thanks

thanks again

HP Recommended

@marcopolo88 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06084803

It uses 135W AC adapter part # L15534-001 which is N/A from HP

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=4CD99UA

Your machine has GTX 1050 with 135W PSU and my machine has GTX 1070 with 200W PSU that means 65W difference but why machine only gives message recently, could be BIOS.

Very strange. I know, normally higher wattage rating AC adapter will fix the message. Do you have friend or relative who has higher wattage rating to check this out ? Please also update BIOS to see any help.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thanks. 
To be clear I only get the message with the new adaptor. I can still use the old one no problem 

bios up to date 

HP Recommended

I contacted the original seller of the replacement adaptor, they kindly sent a new one

Unfortunelty same message appears and laptop wont charge so i can pretty much discount a faulty adaptor

If anybody has any ideas this is driving me crazy

HP Recommended

Solution! 

yeah I just bought a 200w adaptor. No more warning message

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.