Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15dh-1022ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For some reason after a few months of usage CPU now drops to 0,8 Ghz while gaming. (With AC Adapter connected and with "Omen Dynamic Power") When it drops to 0,8 Ghz, it takes around 10 minutes for it to go back. Sometimes after it happens it won't go back to normal even after restarting the laptop.
I have used different software which allows to check what is going on with the CPU (ThrottleStop and Intel XTU) and both of them show either Thermal Throttling or BD Prohot. I didn't overlock or undervolt, everything is stock.
Temperatures can be from 60 degrees to 98 and it still happens.
What should I do?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@LostPersona

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's try this workaround:

• Uninstall Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework and delete its files from system32 folder. 
  • In Device Manager, find the devices which start with "Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework". 
  • Right click on each list and "Uninstall device".
  • Check "Delete the driver software for this device" whenever available.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I do not have that software installed... But I have deleted Intel Extreme Tuning anyways.

HP Recommended

@LostPersona

Thank you for posting back. 

Is everything working fine, or would you require any further assistance? 

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still having that problem... Do you know any other ways why it can be happening?

HP Recommended

@LostPersona

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.