Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 15t DC100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI,

I bought Omen 15 DC100 CTO in June 2019. Warranty Expired. Has Windows 10 Pro 2004.

Everything was working great.. but then there was a BIOS update to version F.16 Rev.A released in April 2020.

I upgraded the BIOS from F.03 and like a foolish guy I didnt backup my OLD BIOS. After the Upgrade it worked for a week and on weekend while working the Laptop suddenly did an auto hard shutdown as if battery depleted 100%. when I switched on it gave me error BIOS checksum ERROR. I did a hard reboot and it rebooted normally, I again did a Bios Upgrade and created a USB just in case...

Another week passed and a LOW Battery popup came, whereas I was plugged in and it was 100% charged. I removed the charger to check and it gave me 1.45 Hr backup till fully depleted. I played games and worked on multiple remote servers. after 2 days it gain happened a popup came and it was again plugged-in then I started giving different indication while working that charged level 20% Plugged-in, sometimes when 65% on battery and I plugin charger it says plugged in.. it does not say Charging. I have to shutdown my laptop and keep it plugged in and only then I get my battery charged.

I again got a BIOS Checksum ERROR and this time I did upgrade from USB. all went well for 2 weeks and all this time my battery gave me upto 2HR backup every time. now again I am getting Plugged-in and Low battery warnings.

I did a test of Battery, Charger all went well. still I am getting low battery and Plugged-in notification. after a BIOS update everything works well for sometimes and then back to square one.

Does someone has F03 BIOS backup and share it with me, so that I can revert to my OLD BIOS when everything was working fine.

How to add/attach screenshots to my post for referance??

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can confirm that the issue is now resolved and all ok,

its been more than 2 weeks since I updated my BIOS to F.19 there has been no battery charging issues or any sudden shutdowns.. Upgrading BIOS to F.19 Rev A Fixed my Issue

Its giving me approx 1.5hr backup with heavy online Gaming and not even once did it gave any battery warning.

Also a question here.. Why are there 2 Diff BIOS updates available one is F.19 Rev A and other is F.55 Rev A, with no documentation on Which is for Which Model.

Off the Topic: I am very disappointed with this Model and HP's Understanding of Gamer's Needs. 

I Paid  $2099 for iCore7, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX2070 8GB, After paying SOOOOO much;

1) I Dont get Full RGB keyboard which as per Support if I paid extra $20 I would have got it. well On Amazon I didnt get that Option to configure and I never realize that for a person paying $2000 there should be option for a $20 upgrade that too for GAMING Laptop. simply WOW.. My Brother who is Color blind cannot See the keys when the so called DRAGON RED Lights are off, so DID HP  screwed on ACCESSIBILITY.. yes in a Very BIG WAY.

2) I dont get FAN Control, its AUTO no matter what I do i dont get, Support says this model does not have Manual option. Ahem!! this is a GAMING laptop and gamer's wants full control on their device and specially Cooling.

3) Upgraidng BIOS messed up my RIG and I had to suffer seriously for 3 Months

What part of GAMING Laptop did the Designers/Assemblers didnt understand, If they didnt then THIS is not an option for GAMER's

I am Sorry.. for Myself... that  I bought this model.  my Next buy will defiantly not be HP Ever for a GAMING RIG

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@omenuser74 Click here to perform a hard reset on your device

If the issue persists, after the above steps, try the below:

1. Turn off the notebook.

2. Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.

3. With the notebook off, press and hold the Windows logo key  and the B key at the same time.

NOTE:

On some notebook models, it might be necessary to press and hold the Windows logo key  and the V key.

4. While pressing those keys, press and hold the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows logo key  and the B or V key until the HP BIOS update screen displays or you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).

The HP BIOS Update screen displays, and the BIOS update begins automatically. This might take several minutes, and you might hear additional beeping sounds.

• If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps. If the issue persists after repeating the steps, skip to the next step to Download a replacement BIOS file.

• If the Power light turns off, the notebook has turned off because the Power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure to hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds only.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry for late reply, had some migrations to work on therefor didnt get time to work on it.

This was quite a lengthy process.. had to take printout to follow it

Spent pretty long 2 hours on 24th Sept 2020

it worked for 3 days without issues.. All battery checks were successful, Power source was successful.

Today again back to square one, same issue resurfaced... battery plugged in message and it gets stuck to any random percentage of battery.   now even when it says 83% Plugged in and suddenly it shows a popup of battery depleting and connect charger ..

I am sure its BIOS issue only...

Is there a way that I can revert back to F.03 ver of my OLD BIOS

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

I wounder Why no one pointed out that Old Versions of BIOS are available.... and from F.16 I could have reverted to 15..14...13..12.. etc to check which one solves my problem..

landed on the link below and got all old version BIOS till F.11

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-15-dc100-laptop-pc-series/2612...

Also a new version was there V F.19 and Just updated my BIOS.. looks promising.. and Battery is charging.. will provide a n update in few days..

Please be away of installing F.16V of BIOS on CTO100 Model.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@omenuser74

Thank you for the update.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Good day!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I can confirm that the issue is now resolved and all ok,

its been more than 2 weeks since I updated my BIOS to F.19 there has been no battery charging issues or any sudden shutdowns.. Upgrading BIOS to F.19 Rev A Fixed my Issue

Its giving me approx 1.5hr backup with heavy online Gaming and not even once did it gave any battery warning.

Also a question here.. Why are there 2 Diff BIOS updates available one is F.19 Rev A and other is F.55 Rev A, with no documentation on Which is for Which Model.

Off the Topic: I am very disappointed with this Model and HP's Understanding of Gamer's Needs. 

I Paid  $2099 for iCore7, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX2070 8GB, After paying SOOOOO much;

1) I Dont get Full RGB keyboard which as per Support if I paid extra $20 I would have got it. well On Amazon I didnt get that Option to configure and I never realize that for a person paying $2000 there should be option for a $20 upgrade that too for GAMING Laptop. simply WOW.. My Brother who is Color blind cannot See the keys when the so called DRAGON RED Lights are off, so DID HP  screwed on ACCESSIBILITY.. yes in a Very BIG WAY.

2) I dont get FAN Control, its AUTO no matter what I do i dont get, Support says this model does not have Manual option. Ahem!! this is a GAMING laptop and gamer's wants full control on their device and specially Cooling.

3) Upgraidng BIOS messed up my RIG and I had to suffer seriously for 3 Months

What part of GAMING Laptop did the Designers/Assemblers didnt understand, If they didnt then THIS is not an option for GAMER's

I am Sorry.. for Myself... that  I bought this model.  my Next buy will defiantly not be HP Ever for a GAMING RIG

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

Just an Update

Its been approx 2 Months and had no Issues.. all OK..

No Sudden Power Off/ Locking or No Battery Charging issues. getting approx 1.5 hr backup..

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.