sriram2
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Omen 17-an17na Battery Issue

HP Recommended
HP Omen 17-an17na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having an issue with my laptop where the laptop is plugged in and not charging beyond 1%. The battery LED indicator on the side says that it is fully charged (solid white light). It turns orange for a second after replugging in and then turns solid white.

Laptop is still powering on and can use it for web browsing, but the moment I start using a demanding application it turns off. Have tried swapping wall outlets and no change at all.

Can anyone please link me to where HP sells their replacment AC adapters and batteries, in the case that its a physical problem with the battery that will require a replacement?

EDIT:

Also, would I be able to run my laptop on power from the wall outlet by removing the battery as a stopgap until I find a battery replacement?

EDIT2:
I have run the diagnostic and it seems to be a battery issue and tells me to replace. Like above, can anyone link me to where I can purchase a replacement battery, and answer whether I can safely run the laptop after removing the battery?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation