Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17-cb0000nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello 

I have a question about a charger i have original HP 200W charger is there will be a diffrence if i buy original HP 330W Charger? It will boost GPU and CPU in games? and will be charger be less hot than 200W?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Paulo1991,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

You brought up an excellent question. My experience with this is that I have upgraded several HP USDT (ultra-small desktops) with upgraded chargers, and I did observe that these higher wattage chargers were less hot to the touch than the original stock (lower) wattage chargers.

I assume you are referring to this 330 watt HP p/n: 925142-850 charger which is compatible with the HP Omen 17-cb000 Series:

NonSequitur777_0-1653801719887.png

It stands to reason that this higher wattage charger will produce less heat.  I see nothing wrong with your assumption.

When your laptop is directly powered through this 330 watt charger -I believe it bypasses your laptop battery, there is a real chance that your GPU and CPU will indeed benefit.  Incidentally, that was my reasoning why I upgraded my chargers because I had installed higher wattage processors and such.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Paulo1991,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

You brought up an excellent question. My experience with this is that I have upgraded several HP USDT (ultra-small desktops) with upgraded chargers, and I did observe that these higher wattage chargers were less hot to the touch than the original stock (lower) wattage chargers.

I assume you are referring to this 330 watt HP p/n: 925142-850 charger which is compatible with the HP Omen 17-cb000 Series:

NonSequitur777_0-1653801719887.png

It stands to reason that this higher wattage charger will produce less heat.  I see nothing wrong with your assumption.

When your laptop is directly powered through this 330 watt charger -I believe it bypasses your laptop battery, there is a real chance that your GPU and CPU will indeed benefit.  Incidentally, that was my reasoning why I upgraded my chargers because I had installed higher wattage processors and such.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.