Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN X7N81AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!  The chassis (shell) on my Omen 17, which I bought in December of 2017, has substantially cracked at the right hinge.  When opening and closing the laptop it shifts and separates there; I can see the interior pretty clearly through the widening crack.  I have not dropped or otherwise mishandled the laptop-- something similar happened to me on a Dell 17" laptop years ago and I've been super careful with laptops ever since.   I can't afford to buy a new laptop after less than 2 years.  Will HP help fix this, please?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey! I have the same exact thing happening. Right beneath the right hinge, cracking along the chassis from its edge above the charging port all the way to the speaker perforations. Have found numerous others on the internet experiencing the same problem.

HP Recommended

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.