Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

been browsing for couple of days in search of possible solution. I've been having issues with my HP Omen 15-ce005ng. After updating bios when i shut down the computer (not sleep but shut down) and i cant get it to boot. The power button lights up, disk ramps up, and nothing. It glitches like that untill i hold down power button to turn it off. I've tried the method: remove the battery, hold power button, clear cmos. But after it glitches again. This time it powers on, but caps lock flashes 3 times long 2 times short. I do the "clearing" couple of times, remove ram sticks put them back again, and it works. Than i do some work, play some games - shut it down, same thing happens.

Then i instaled HP PC Diagnostics, ran it for couple of hours. Everything came out PASSED except the battery, it gave me this code RLWKGM-99E9GF-MFPUQK-C0B013 I tried searching what does this code mean, and nothing. Any help ?

Other thing to mention is that extended warranty is on but not in country i currently live in, and where i bought it. I would like to try to fix it myself before i go in for the service. I need to mention one odd thing. Everywhere i find this model has 2x8GB 2400MHz memory, but mine has 2x8 2666MHz memory, and i can't find anywhere that this memory is compatible with my laptop. Again, everything started after i updated bios 15 days ago. I've tried re-instaling the bios, even formated disk and instaled fresh WIN 10 - no luck.

Thank you in advance guys.

EDIT: One other thing, i've tried working without the battery (removed it completely) the same thing happened after couple of hours of video editing, didn't unplug it. Couldn't boot it.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Failure Code 601 Battery 1. 

The 601 error is most often caused when the battery has lost its effectiveness at holding a charge and needs to be replaced.

Here is the Service manual:

Manual

DDR4-2666 is the standard memory for this model per page 1 of the manual. Batteries are listed on p. 36. There is a 3 cell and a 4 cell and I would duplicate what is in it as I believe the battery may be selected based on the available space inside the laptop. That means a 4-cell may not fit in place of a 3-cell, and I cannot imagine replacing a 4-cell with a 3-cell. Specs say your laptop came with a 3-cell. 

Where do you live now? Replacement batteries tend to be more of a local market than other components because of shipping restrictions. 

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Yeah, i found these in the meantime. But there's no solution for my problem. I get the battery is bad, it wont charge over 70% most of the time. But i dont think that is the issue.

HP Recommended

I'm sorry you found what and you do not think what is the issue. The battery is bad and needs to be replaced. I am not sure where the room for any other conclusion can be found. Don't shoot the messenger. 

HP Recommended

I didn't want to sound rude 🙂 sorry. i'm just not sure the battery or memory are the problem 😕 Do you know can i downgrade bios?

HP Recommended

Nothing rude about being in denial. I know you want to avoid the expense of a new battery but I feel like anything else I say will just count as enabling. Good luck. 

HP Recommended

If you think battery is the issue, that would be great news. It would cost me 50$ approx. And i can change it myself.

HP Recommended

Yes exactly my point. There is an old saying that doctors tell medical students. "If you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras". If the diagnostic says bad battery it maybe possibly could be something else but odds are extremely high it is what it says it is. 

The fact that this happened after a BIOS upgrade does not say that the BIOS upgrade caused it. In logic that is the "post hoc" fallacy: just because something follows an event does not mean the event caused the something. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.