Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-ce089no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey! I've got a Omen gaming laptop. And I was wondering if it would be possible to upgrade the CPU in the future? I haven't been able to find anything on the internet and dont want to open up to check since that would void warranty and I'd wouldnt be able to return it, and if it isn't possible I'd most likely just exchange this one for the i7 specced one.

So I'd just like to know if I could exhange the i5-7300hq for an i7-7700hq in the future?

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

No. It is not uphgradeable.

The installed system board is equipped with an integrated (soldered on) Intel processor, not a socketed processor.

It you want an HP Omen with an i7 Core processor you will need to purchase it already equipped with one.

Maintenence & Service guide. (see page 20)

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05819688

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@tipex

Hey there!

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!
I understand that you have queries about upgrading the OMEN Laptop

The HP OMEN Laptop is not upgradable.The installed system board is equipped with an integrated (soldered on) Intel processor, not a socketed processor.

If you want an HP Omen with an i7 Core processor you will need to purchase the already equipped with one.

Let me know if this works.
Have a great day!

SwaroopK

I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.