Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey all - I've seen this problem popping up around the internet for many more than just myself, so want to crowd-source a solution if possible.

The chassis of my HP Omen 17.3" laptop is cracked. Completely broken through, actually. Right near the right hinge, there is a crack running from the edge of the chassis just above the charging port that runs through and into the speaker perforations. I take exceptional care of the computer and have only had it for nearly two years so can't fathom why this is happening.

Has anyone found a viable DIY replaceable chassis for sale? I haven't been able to locate one and can't really give up my computer for any length of time as I use it for my job quite heavily. Let me know! Thanks everyone!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

HI @jrgreen145 

Is your Omen notebook still in warranty?

Check your warranty status here.

There are no DIY replaceable chassis available on the market since the Omen has a proprietary case. I suppose you could make your own if you have the correct 3D printer and material type required.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello,

I don't believe I am still under warranty, though I can't check; The link for checking warranty status that you have provided is indicating to me that it is a dead link. It may be because of the internet provider where I currently am so I will check again later.

I do not have a 3d printer and yeah that's what I thought about self-replaceable chassis. I will get back to you once I can check the warranty status again at a later time.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

I updated the link. Try it again

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello,

I've tried the link again, and as I expected my warranty is expired. Is there a way to send in the computer and pay for a repair on the chassis? If it's happening to others as well I'd hope there's *some* way to have it fixed.

Thank you again!

HP Recommended

@jrgreen145 

I can ask a Moderator to help connect you with a team that can help with out of warranty service on your notebook.

HP Recommended

@jrgreen145

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.