Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just got this HP PAVILION DV6-3050ca and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do shift+insert on this thing.  The insert key is primarly the prt sc button but in the fn it is impr. ecr and above the prt sc there is ins. So how do I get the ins to work I don't care about the other 2 functions. 

thanks

Spencer

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

I have the same question for my new Pavilion dv6-3120. Any answers?

HP Recommended

Found out that the insert key requires shift+function+insert.  Thanks Office Depot (no thanks to HP).  Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Thank you!!!  Even HP Tech support was no help

Thank you again!!! 

HP Recommended

it doesnt work plz i need that key(insert)

HP Recommended

I tried this but I just keep getting a smaller image of the document I am trying to insert text into... any suggestions?

HP Recommended

This is so jacked at this point.  HP had me return my new laptop to the store saying this was a hardware problem.  New one has the same issue.  Not happy.  Not happy at all.

HP Recommended

after, like two years, i finally got it working! it only seems to work on the notepad or docs but i'll take it.

but it was a little unclear; (oh it works in the calendar too)

the office button (for idiots like me) is the circle with the red, blue, yellow, greeen squares in the corner.

click this or you can press ALT+f to open that, then 'i' to open Word Options, then 'a' for Advanced settings, then ALT+ v for Overtype mode, then space bar to have overtype be controlled by the INSERT button. 

after that, it should be as easy as hitting the INSERT button to get it to insert.

HP Recommended

Yes, the problem is still actual.

Insert button near function keys is placed on "prt scr" button, so you need to use shift + fn + prt scr to emulate shift + insert. But it doesnt works on my new HP envy. And it cleans buffer instead (why?!?!)

I solved that problem by using INS on numpad. It doesnt needs fn key, and works good.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

Use Shift + O key (Zero) to avail "Insert" key option

Cheers,

Siddharth

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.