Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 14-bf125tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was wondering if the 14" Pavillion has an M.2 slots, and how many RAM slots it has, can i upgrade the ram to 16GB (it comes with 12GB).

I am going to replace the HDD with an 1TB SSD anyway, but i wanted to know if i could have an M.2 SSD aswell.

EDIT: I was wondering how many Ram slots this particular model has, and weather it has an M.2 slot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@madmanthan21

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion - 14-bf125tx and would like to know if it supports an M.2 SSD and how much memory can be added. 

I did some digging on this and came across the service guide for this laptop. As per the service guide, this laptop does not support M.2 SSD. Moreover, there is 1 memory slot in the laptop. The page# 51 shows that the maximum memory that can be added in 8 GB and your laptop already has 12 GB memory (4 GB (onboard) and 8 GB (1 x 8 GB)).

Hope this answers your question. Keep me posted. Take care! 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have got the same question, and do you hear weird clicking sound from hard disk?

HP Recommended

@madmanthan21

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion - 14-bf125tx and would like to know if it supports an M.2 SSD and how much memory can be added. 

I did some digging on this and came across the service guide for this laptop. As per the service guide, this laptop does not support M.2 SSD. Moreover, there is 1 memory slot in the laptop. The page# 51 shows that the maximum memory that can be added in 8 GB and your laptop already has 12 GB memory (4 GB (onboard) and 8 GB (1 x 8 GB)).

Hope this answers your question. Keep me posted. Take care! 🙂

HP Recommended

What about SSD upgrade? can i replace HDD with NVMe SSD or SATA SSD

HP Recommended

@Apoorvagiri

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

You may install a SATA SSD. SATA SSD should work fine.

Hope this answers your question. Keep me posted for any further questions. Take care! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer, oh well, 12GB is enough, just i am used to 16GB+ from my desktops, still am going to replace the HDD with an SSD, thanks again for the anwer. 

HP Recommended

@madmanthan21

You're most welcome! 🙂

Happy computing! 

HP Recommended

Hi, CAn you guide me how to replace the HDD with SATA SSD.

Is it easy as to replace , does it void the warranty ? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.