Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 14-bk001nv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP-Team,

I need to upgrade my storage in my Laptop HP Pavilion - 14-bk001nv. I bought a 2.5'' SSD not knowing that the type of storage is that kittle card type. But there is a Space left where it seems we can install a second 2.5'' drive but the cable to connect the drive is missing. What cable do I need? Is it even possible to install a second  2.5''  sata drive?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The hard drive cable is available using spare part number 927917-001

Hard drive brackets 933608-001

See p. 18 and 29-36 here:

Service Manual

HP Parts Germany:

"Teil ist nicht bestellbar"

Very expensive on amazon.de:

https://www.amazon.de/HP-Inc-Cable-HDD-927917-001/dp/B076WXV412/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%...

Even worse (teurer) on eBay Germany. If you want more storage it looks like your cheapest option is to get a larger capacity "little card type" (M.2). Post back if you want more help with that. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The hard drive cable is available using spare part number 927917-001

Hard drive brackets 933608-001

See p. 18 and 29-36 here:

Service Manual

HP Parts Germany:

"Teil ist nicht bestellbar"

Very expensive on amazon.de:

https://www.amazon.de/HP-Inc-Cable-HDD-927917-001/dp/B076WXV412/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%...

Even worse (teurer) on eBay Germany. If you want more storage it looks like your cheapest option is to get a larger capacity "little card type" (M.2). Post back if you want more help with that. 

HP Recommended

Hello Huffer,

Thank you very much for your answer... I am really disappointed... So teuer? And only in Deutschland available? 😞 And I nee both parts the cable and that other part. More then 120 euro...  I also wanted to clone my old ssd and I dont have any cable / case for the card storage... This cards are also much more expensive. I cannot buy 1 tb storage for the same money.. Maybe I use my new SSD to upgrade me 17'' Lenovo. Its a little older but its worth it.. I am really disapointed... Also, you cant believe how dificcult it was to open the hp laptop. And in the end I see that I cant use the new ssd...

Thank you very much again for the detailed answer!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.