cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Pavilion - 15-AU172tx Caps Lock Blinking Error

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-AU172tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Pavilion laptop as I mentioned above. There is a problem when on the laptop and shutdown it. When switch on the lap it will start after 3 times and cooling fan and current comes to the keyboard and go back during this 3 times. (Taking long time to power on) Also, when shut down it, hard drive was shutting down but, cooling fan and keyboard lights and power is working. And blinking Caps Lock 3 times and continuously without off the machine. 

And recently get heated laptop due on blocking the ventilation. After that, I cleaned cooling fan and cooper blades, repasted thermal paste on processer too. As above described the issue, I got following actions to try to fix it.

1. Updated windows and drivers from HP site relevant to the Lap top Model

2. Downgraded Windows version for old versions.

3. Hard driver fully formatted during above new windows installations

4. Updated BIOS updated as provided relevant for the Lap top Model.

5. Disconnected some components to find any short circuits errors - Battery, Keyboard with Backlit, Touch Pad, SD Card Reader, DVD ROM, Sound Connections too.

Now a days properly installed games also not opening as well. When installing games updated Direct X, C++ as well.

So, those are the issues with my HP Pavilion laptop and seek your help to fix my laptop and there is a no any other issue to work with it.  

2 REPLIES 2
Level 16
Level 16
28,387 28,307 2,593 6,213
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Prabhath 

Blinking means a hardware issue, not software, so repeated installs of Windows or BIOS will not fix that.

For laptops, this HP thread describes the different blink and beep codes: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

You will see that blink code means hardware memory issue.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WAWood

I really appreciate to guide me to take a judge on my issue using with your experience.  Now I can realize that my lap top has hardware issue. Since there is no any error code generating from system. So, I would like to thanks again for you valuable co-operation on me.

And, there is no solution can generate beyond this situation. So, I would like to bring this case as hardware issue. So, I will send to the repair my laptop immediately for the service provider. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation