Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-CS1002NV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi to the community!

I own a brand new HP Pavilion 15-CS1002NV and out of the blue, laptop is "dead" without plugged in AC! I mean, it was sitting on my desk plugged in and as soon as I unplugged it, laptop went off. Instantly!

Battery has stopped at 99% and although Windows indicates it's plugged in AC, it doesn't charge - nor does the small led light next to the charger port turn to orange, it's stuck to white as if the battery has fully charged.

I have already tried the following:

• BIOS update
  • HP Support Assistant for battery diagnostics - reports battery is fine.
  • HP Hardware Diagnostics for battery - reports battery is fine.
  • HP Hardware Diagnostics through UEFI (F2 on boot) for battery - reports battery is fine.
  • Uninstall/Install Windows battery drivers

I cannot try the following due to a "dead" state if laptop is not plugged in AC:

• Battery calibration

I cannot try the following due to model's build:

• Battery removal - it's not a removable battery from the user's end.

I'll be visiting local authorized HP service tomorrow as I'm still under warranty but if there's an idea I can make use of, please do respond!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@hellenicsun

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Use this link for steps on how to perform a hard reset: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01684768

That said, try with an alternate adapter, and run a test on the adapter using the steps in this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00363266

If the device turns off when the adapter is disconnected, its either the battery failure or the DC-port on the motherboard that has failed, if the adapter passes the test and yet the issue persists, the PC will need to be repaired.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Betty0610

Thank you for your response.

Yes, the device turns off when the adapter is disconnected.

I have already given the laptop to the local HP service center and I'm waiting on their end. They have informed me that HP gives a month of DOA (my laptop was 6 days old when the issue occurred) and I might be eligible for a replacement unit.

I'll update this thread as soon as I have more information on the matter.

HP Recommended

@hellenicsun

Thank you for keeping me posted.

I hope the above helps, but contact again if you’re still having any difficulties.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Update:

Service has concluded that the battery is faulty - a replacement part has been ordered but since it will take a month for it to arrive, I have gotten my PC back to work with.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.