Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (535 Views)

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC Battery not charging

Product Name: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have found that our battery is not charging.  We now need to have the laptop constantly plugged in to make it have power.  

Sometimes when we turn the computer on, as it doesnt hold enough power now to go to sleep mode that it has an error message displaying about the battery and needing to do something about it but it always moves to the next screen too quickly for me to understand what the issue is and what to do about it.

Can you please point me in the right direction on how we can resolve this issue as it is annoying.  The minute the power chord comes out of the computer, the power is lost.

Regards,

Kellie Anthony

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (504 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC Battery not charging

Hi @kjsnanthony

Welcome to the HP Support Forum!

I understand that your HP Pavilion 15 Laptop battery is not charging.

I would recommend you to do a battery test.

Step 1: To access the HP System Diagnostics Battery Test , turn on the computer and immediately press the ESC key to display the Startup Menu. Press the System Diagnostics F2 key, and then select Component Tests in the main menu. In the list of Component Tests, click Battery.

Step 2: Based on the result we will understand if it's a battery issue or something else.

Please follow this link- HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10) for a detailed troubleshooting for battery.

Here is a document for battery related errors- HP Battery Alert Appears Before Windows Starts.

I hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes:)

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******

Anoop
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation