Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shreyas18
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook doesn't go into sleep mode after windows upgrade to version 20H2.

HP Recommended
Pavillion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook doesn't go into sleep mode after windows upgrade to version 20H2.

The screen turns blank but the power light button doesn't blink and it stays on. I have to press the power button to switch off the laptop and restart.

This issue is seen when I press the sleep button, close the lid or if laptop remains idle.

My HP BIOS version is 2015 F42. 

2 REPLIES 2
Technicalshamu
Level 4
110 102 4 8
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

update ur laptop drivers to the latest version  by going to this site https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers then download and install it . then go to settings>update & security>in rught column click on troubleshooting>advanced troubleshooting>then click on power . check what happens

0 Kudos
Shreyas18
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

As the laptop is out of warranty, it doesn't show latest drivers. I even tried to search for updates through HP support & assistant.

I even tried troubleshoot but doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation